St Martin's mission statement
At St Martin’s we endeavor to provide a supportive learning environment where all children can be: Happy, Hardworking and Aim High.
- To enable every child to develop emotionally, spiritually, physically and academically in a caring environment.
- To provide a broad and balanced curriculum where every child’s needs are catered for and where children have high expectations of themselves.
- To value and reward positive relationships, appropriate behaviour and good manner all times which promote high self-esteem, cooperation and consideration for all.
- To foster a spirit of cooperation and friendship between home, school and the wider community.
- To enable everyone to move on with confidence, positive memories and lasting benefits of their time with us.
Our school’s philosophy
Our philosophy is founded on the belief that every child is an individual and with encouragement, hard work and praise can develop their potential to the full and achieve high standards.
It is the responsibility of the school to provide a secure and nurturing environment where pupils enjoy learning and grow into confident and happy individuals ready to face the diversity of future challenges and capable of making informed choices and decisions.
St Martin's School processes “personal data” including “sensitive personal data” (such as medical information), for the purposes of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils, parents and staff, for the legitimate interests of the school.
We seek to ensure that all relevant legal obligations of the school, parents and pupils are fully complied with and that all processing of data is done lawfully and fairly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. The school has a comprehensive policy covering data governance and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s office. Please address any enquiries to the Headteacher.
Find our Policies Index here.
The following policies can be read online:
- Academic Performance
- Admissions & Exclusion Policy
- Anti-Bullying Policy
- Behaviour and Discipline Policy
- Code of Conduct For All Staff
- Complaints Procedure
- Curriculum Policy
- First Aid Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Non-Discrimination and Inclusion Policy
- Risk Assessment Policy
- RSE Policy
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
- Safer Recruitment Policy
- Staff List
- Latest ISI Inspection Report 2022
The following policies can be requested via the school office:
- Attendance and Punctuality Policy
- Data Protection Policy
- Data Protection Privacy Notice
- Fire Risk Management Policy
- Images Policy
- Internet Policy
- PSHCE Policy
- Teaching and Learning Policy
For Local Safeguarding information, please visit the North East Lincolnshire Safer NEL website.
St Martin's Preparatory School is addressed at 63 Bargate, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN34 5AA. Our Headteacher, Mr Joel Jackson, can be contacted on 01472 878907.
St Martin's Preparatory School is wholly owned by Alpha Schools Holdings Ltd, registered at 19 London Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11 1BJ.
Mr Ali Khan, the Proprietor, can be contacted via telephone at 01494 535 857 or via post at 19 London Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11 1BJ all year round.