Reception Class Teacher
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking Reception Class Teacher to join our school.
About St Martins Preparatory School
The academic life at St Martins encourages intellectual curiosity and effective learning habits - promoting enquiring minds which build on pupils’ strengths, interests and experiences so that every pupil is valued for the talents and beliefs he or she brings to the school. Our small class sizes of under 20, coupled with our dedicated teachers and enriching learning environment facilitate this and mean that each child is able to reach their full potential.
About the Role
You will be an outstanding classroom practitioner with a high level of commitment, drive and passion for the education and welfare of primary school children. This is an excellent opportunity for a teacher to add to our school community, where we pride ourselves on our children being able to learn in inspirational surroundings within a supportive, family orientated community.
The successful candidate will help drive our school into the future, promoting our caring ethos and outstanding results by discovering the right way for each child in your care to reach their potential.
You will be an experienced teacher who is outstanding in the classroom. Our classes are small with an emphasis on individual attention and we aim for our students to leave us as confident, happy, articulate and enthusiastic individuals.
Whether you are an NQT or seasoned practitioner, the key quality we are searching for is the ‘wow factor’ in the classroom – can you grab the attention of the whole class and keep it whilst delivering outstanding teaching to each student? Are you prepared to think carefully about how to enhance your lessons, your classroom and your pastoral care? Do you have the passion to ‘roll-up your sleeves’ and ‘get stuck-in’ in every aspect of our small school? If you do, we’d like to talk to you.
- To effectively deliver the requirement of EYFS ensuring that the individual needs and interests of children in the setting are met (in conjunction with other team members)
- To keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life, using Class Dojo.
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communication with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs.
- To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures and medical histories.
- To advise the SLT of any concerns, e.g. over children, parents, the safety of the environment, safeguarding, whistle-blowing, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To be involved in out of working hours’ activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, summer fair, etc.
- To deliver lessons which are consistently judged as good or outstanding in line with the school’s expectations
- To plan engaging and motivating learning activities and achieve progression in pupils’ understanding by identifying clear learning intentions and success criteria.
- Lesson content will be differentiated and responsive to meet the needs of all pupils. Pitch will match current levels of understanding.
- To establish a safe, organised and stimulating environment with purposeful displays that foster independent exploration, extends learning and celebrates pupils’ achievements
Contract Type: Full-Time, Term-Time Only, Permanent
Benefits: Wellness Programme, Company Pension, Life Assurance
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Application Closing Date: 27th June 2022
Start Date: September 2022
To find out more about this role, please read our Job Description.
How To Apply
St Martin's Preparatory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants for ALL jobs will undergo appropriate child-protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to enhanced level, costs are covered by the company. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.